Monday, January 10, 2011

Weekly Challenge! 1/10 - 1/16/2011

Good Monday Morning everyone!

I'm bringing you this week's challenge. And it's an honest to goodness challenge, so prepare yourself, lol! Here's the details - one thing that makes Paper Posies unique is their alterable item included in each kit, right? My confession - I'm not a huge fan of altering things. Don't boo me, I just think that it's a tad out of my comfort zone. But every so often I get the urge to try my hand and altering and see if I can make something pretty. :)

Here's what I did:

I had this hot chocolate tin left over from the holidays that I couldn't quite throw away.


It's cute, right? I thought so too! I thought if I added a little paper and ribbon, that it'd be even cuter!

So I pulled out an old Paper Posies kit. I dug deep (since Valentines is right around the corner) and decided to use the February 2010 kit. What did I find? The cute Maya Road love chipboard keychain, perfect for enhancing this tin!

I cut, glued, misted, mod podged, irocked, ribboned, and braded.... and came up with this fun little tin to fill with some Hershey kisses to give to one of my kids or hubby for Valentines!




I had so much fun putting it together! And yes! I used both the tin I wanted to alter AND the little chipboard album from the Feb '10 kit! I took it apart and used both hearts, and put the "love" on the front. I just have the little arrow left that I may spray or cover and glue to the back. Endless possibilities here!

So, my challenge is this - pull out an alterable item from a past Paper Posies kit and USE it! Use it however you want - add it to a page layout, make a mini-book, or do what I did and add it to another alterable item you have laying around.

Remember, use a Paper Posies kit - and ANY past Paper Posies kit is fine. Also, have your project loaded and linked back to this thread by next Sunday evening, January 16th.

I can't wait to see what you all come up with!
~MaryAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment