Monday, November 8, 2010

Scraplift Challenge - week of Nov. 8-14

Happy Monday everyone. It's my turn to present you all with a weekly challenge for the month of November. I know it sounds like it's illegal or at least morally wrong, but really - I've read up on the subject and have received multiple confirmations that SCRAPLIFTING is an okay thing to do. Granted, credit should always be given to those that we scraplift, but you should never ever feel guilty about lifting.

Phew... now that I got that out of the way, here's the layout I want to you all to scraplift. It's in the November PP DT gallery by our wonderful guest designer, Cari Fennell. I chose this layout because I loved all the layering and use of patterned paper. I thought it would be fun to see how each of you lift it and pick different elements of it to use on your own layout.



Here's my layout I created, using Cari's as inspiration. I used my favorite PP kit from 2010 - the September kit. As you can tell, I lifted the basic design, using all the different layers and photo placement. I also liked the distressed edges in Cari's layout so I roughed up mine also and added a little ink.



Now it's your turn. Put any hesitations aside that scraplifting isn't allowed and lift away! I can't wait to see what you create!


Da rulz:

*Use a Paper Posies kit. Any kit is fine, it doesn't have to be the current kit

*Post the layout or a link to your layout in the challenge thread by midnight, Sunday, Nov. 14.

*Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Love the layout from Cari. Well really love both layouts. Both of them are beautiful! I am still waiting for my first PP kit. I know it is already on the way to my house!!! But I will look if I have similar papers from past kits, to submit to this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote a post in my blog with my layout!! Thanks for this scraplift challenge!

    http://itssummereveryday.blogspot.com/2010/11/i-am-thankful-for-family.html

    ReplyDelete