Monday, July 12, 2010

New Monday Challenge

It's time for another Monday Challenge!

If you're following along with me this year, you'll know that I'm taking my challenges from Elizabeth Kartchner's 52 More Scrapbooking Challenges. Each month I pick a challenge from a new challenge. This month we're in the last chapter, "Photo Fun." There were a lot of fun options in this section, but I chose #47 (p. 146),

Highlight - don't hide - an imperfect shot

I'll admit that I was a little nervous about this challenge. I have plenty of imperfect photos, but they tend to be a little difficult to scrap sometimes. When I'm scrapping these photos I usually try and keep the page a little simpler, with lighter embellishments so I don't overpower the photos. That's just me and how I work. You may be different.

Elizabeth gives some hints on how to scrap these photos. She suggests camouflaging the photo with a corner accent, other elements such as a title or even layering another photo.

For my page I chose to use a set of pictures of my youngest son and his buddy. They were taken about eight years ago before we got our digital camera. They were a little dark and fuzzy, quick snapshots. I originally had four photos, but I eliminated one and decided to work with three. I used the April 2010 kit and originally put it all on a kraft background. When that just wasn't working I just pulled everything up and put it on a white background. Somehow that made a big difference. It lightened up the page, I believe. :) It's not my favorite layout ever, but I'm okay with putting it in my album and calling it done!

Here it is:


Your challenge is to scrap some "not so perfect" photos you've put aside. Pick a Paper Posies kit (any kit, past or current will do) and get busy! Load up your creation in the gallery and link us to it on the challenge thread in the PP forum. You have until next Sunday, July 18th at midnight PST to participate.


Have fun!
-Mary Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment