Monday, June 14, 2010

New Monday Challenge

Happy Monday morning everyone! :)

Today's challenge is the 6th challenge taken from Elizabeth Kartchner's book, 52 More Scrapbook Challenges. This is a fun section too - It's all about TECHNIQUES. There were a lot of fun options to choose from, but I decided on #43 in the book, p. 131 -

"Sew on Your Page in an Innovative Way"


In this section Elizabeth talks about how sewing on a page can sometimes be a little intimidating. She says the following: "I was at first, too, but now it's one of my go-to techniques. I just love that homespun effect the versatility of adding my own personal touch to my pages. So even if you hand stitch, it's time to play with needle and thread."

You have lots of options with this challenge. Basically I want you to somehow add some kind of sewing technique to you layout. Whether it be with a machine or hand stitched (free-hand or using a template), I just want you to sew! And if sewing on your layout isn't really something new, I challenge you to take it a step further. Try something a little different with your sewing. The idea with this challenge is to push you a little outside of your comfort zone!

Here's the layout I did for this challenge. I used items mostly from the February 2010 kit. I stitched two pieces of paper together on the diagonal and then framed the main photo mat with a stitch to tie it all together. For me, using the red thread (instead of a neutral black, white or brown) was a little different, as was stitching two pieces of paper together!


Good luck and have fun! Remember that by participating in this challenge you're entering yourself in for a chance to win a monthly PP prize! Use a Paper Posies kit (any kit will do!) and have your layouts loaded to the Paper Posies Gallery and linked to the Challenge Thread by Sunday, June 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment