Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Getting to Know Guest Designer, Julie Bonner

It has been a pleasure to have Julie join us as a guest designer this month. I hope that you've enjoyed seeing her work as much as I have! Stay tuned for the 3rd Monday of this month when Julie will host a challenge!

I've asked Julie to tell us a little bit about herself:


Hello everyone!! My name is Julie Bonner & I live in Crownsville, Maryland. I am a stay at home mother to my adorable 3 year old son, Ryan, and have been married to my husband, Justin, for 6 wonderful years! I have always enjoyed preserving pictures, cards, newspaper clippings, and mementos in albums but it wasn't until the birth of my son that I threw myself completely into all the wonderful products & techniques the industry has to offer. I love to use hand-sewing, inking, pen detail, stamping, and distressing techniques to add that special touch to my projects - while still maintaining a focus on my photos. I also LOVE dreaming up different combinations of elements on a page, hence my love of creating page sketches!! I have been fortunate enough to design for 3 fabulous manufacturers - GCD Studios, Imaginisce & Scrap Within Reach - as well as be published in Scrapbook Trends & a number of ezines. I was ECSTATIC to have been asked to work with one of Michele's wonderful kits - thanks so much Paper Posies for having me here this month :)

Favorite trimmer: Fiskars Desktop 12" rotary trimmer
Favorite Scrapbooking Tool: I am currently obsessed with border punches - love them!!
Favorite Ink: For Distressing - Colorbox Chalk Ink
For Stamping - Ranger Archival Ink Pads
For Misting - Maya Road Mists
Favorite Photo Developer: ME :) I do all my printing at home :)
Favorite Magazine: This is a tough one - I love them all!!! I am always looking for inspiration & new ideas :)
Favorite Patterned Paper: Again, a tough one :) I have a few that are my "go-to" manufacturers but really I love playing with any paper :)
Favorite Cardstock: I have always stuck by Bazzill but am recently having fun with Core'dinations - such a fun product!!!
Favorite Thing I've Created: A Christmas scene shadowbox frame I made - I am not one to typically create altered items but I love how this one turned out :)
New Scrapbook Goodie/Trend: Okay - I think I am a bit late on this one but I have recently entered the world of misting this year and love it. There are so many neat things you can do with this product!!
Scrapbooking Style: I am the type of scrapper who is always trying new techniques & "looks" so I feel like my actual style is always changing. However, I feel that having a structured design to my pages is always present. I am always thinking through how the overall layout design will be as I create a page.
Why I Love Scrapbooking: It is my "release", my "me" time, the part of the day where I get to play with all kinds of beautiful papers & embellishments :) And best of all, after a long, busy, day - I get to spend my evenings truly reflecting on all the special moments in my life - while creating these pages :)
Best Organizational Tip: Clean up after each project!!! I am a pretty messy scrapper when it comes down to it, so it is essential for me to reorganize after each project so that every page has a fresh start :)


No comments:

Post a Comment