Monday, April 12, 2010

Challenge! Week of 4/12-4/18

Happy Monday everyone!

Wasn't last week's challenge fun? You all made some amazing mini cards!

So, I'm bringing you this week's challenge and I hope you enjoy it. :)

This year, as you probably know by now, I'm using the book, 52 more Scrapbooking Challenges by Elizabeth Kartchner. We've been going through each section of the book each month and picking out one of the challenges she presented. This month we're on the fourth section entitled, "Around The House, " bring everyday life into your Scrapbooks. There were several great options in this section, but the one I decided to use to challenge you was this one:

"Incorporate Book Pages or Sheet Music Into Your Layouts"


With this section, Elizabeth talked about NOT limiting yourself to only using scrapbook paper on your projects. It's fun to add a tiny bit of vintage feeling to your pages with a little pop of an old dictionary page or sheet music. Also, books often may have a fun print or color combination that can add a fun element to your page. Suggestions include looking for journal covers, dollar bin children photo books and older music/dictionary pages and using them as a block or punching them out to make into accents.

For my example I used the January 2010 Paper Posies kit. The photo I wanted to scrap was more of an "everyday moment" rather than an event so I thought it would be fun to use some old dictionary pages and add some accents to the page. I also printed my photo in black and white in hopes of making it feel a bit timeless. I punched several layers of a dictionary page, spritzed them with some ink, pop dotted them and added a brad to make an accent. I also punched some circles to add as accents and to tie the page together. To finish it all off, I spritzed some ink across the whole page (except for the photo). I was quite happy with the way the page turned out!



It's your turn!

1. Grab a Paper Posies Kit. Any kit will do - it doesn't have to be the most current!
2. Incorporate a page from a book or music into your page in any form!
3. Load your creation(s) into the gallery and link us to it by next Sunday, April 18th.


Have fun! I can't wait to see what you create!

1 comment:

  1. Great challenge, MaryAnn! Your LO turned out beautiful! I LOVE that flower!

    ReplyDelete