Monday, March 15, 2010

Getting to Know March Guest Designer, Melanie Jarocki

Please join me in getting to know Melanie better. I asked her to tell us a little about herself and some of her "favorites".

I have always loved journaling and even made scrapbooks in high school. In 2000, I began scrapping again when our first daughter was 9 months old. My DH and I will celebrate our 15th anniversary in April. We have 5 great kids--ages 10, 8, 6, 4, and 1. Two girls and three boys. They provide me with lots to document.

I tend to scrap late at night or during the baby's nap time. Monthly kits are so helpful to me. Everything comes all coordinated and ready to go. I love to print out a group of photos and then match them up to the papers when the kit arrives. Then when I have a few quiet moments, I'll work on projects here and there. When I get stuck, I'll look for a sketch to follow or just step away and come back to the project later. This past year I have really enjoyed making cards, too. It is a great way to work with a smaller canvas and do detail work, and to use up scraps (one of my favorite things to do!).



Favorite Trimmer: inexpensive Fiskars 12-inch trimmer

Favorite Scrapbooking Tool: border punches have been my favorite thing lately

Favorite Ink: Colorbox Cat's Eye--great for adding definition to my edges :)

Favorite Photo Developer: me with my Epson all-in-one printer

Favorite Scrapbook Magazine: I think I've subscribed to them all at one time or another. At the moment Scrapbooks Etc. is probably my favorite (even though I don't currently sub to it)

Favorite Patterned Paper: I've always loved Crate Paper but my newest fav is Jillibean Soup

Favorite Cardstock: Bazzill

Favorite Thing I've Created: My 2007 personal journal calendar

New Scrapbooking Goodie/Trend: rolled up flowers (I cannot figure out how to make them, but I LOVE the look!)

Scrapbooking Style: My style is pretty linear and simple. I love adding a big circular shape and clusters of embellishments

Why I Love Scrapbooking: Having my kids ask me, "Can I look at my scrapbook?" is why I love scrapbooking. I do it to record our family's memories and my personal feelings for my life.

Best Organizational Tip: Purge--often! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment