Friday, February 5, 2010

challenge for week of 2/8/10 .. a little early!

Guess what?? I'm here to post NEXT week's challenge a little early! There was a little mix up with who was in charge of a challenge this week, so we decided I could just post mine a little early. :)

As I mentioned last month, I'm taking all of this year's challenges from the book 52 More Scrapbooking Challenges by Elizabeth Kartchner. This month I'm looking in the second section entitled "Take a Number." I chose the first challenge (p. 26 if you have the book) to pass on to you which is:

"Use a Specific Time as Your Layout's Title"

For this challenge you'll have to look through your photos with this idea in mind. Think about your daily schedule, the routine you follow from day to day and find a photo (or take some photos) of something that defines that. Elizabeth talks about freezing a moment in time and dedicating a page to that particular time of day. I love the idea!

Here's my layout using this challenge. I'm going backwards right now in my scrapbooks and it's been so fun remembering my kids when they were little and all of their routines. This particular photo caught a perfect moment in time that I could journal about. My youngest son had afternoon kindergarten and so him and I always spent the morning together. He was a late riser, so he took his time eating and watching his favorite PBS shows... it was a wonderful time in our lives! I'm glad I was able to document it! **I used the January '10 PP kit.**



Please remember to use a Paper Posies kit - any kit will do!! and load up your creations in the gallery by Sunday evening, February 14th. Also, please link us here on this page too! I can't wait to see what you all create!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea! I have a ton of ideas going through my head. Can't wait to get started :)

    ReplyDelete