Monday, January 18, 2010

New Monday Challenge

Happy Monday everyone! It's Monday so you know that means it's time for a new Paper Posies challenge, right?

I'm excited to bring you my first challenge of 2010. I'm going to be doing something kinda fun each month this year. I received the new CK book, 52 More Scrapbooking Challenges for Christmas this year and all of my challenges will be coming from this book! If you have this book, you know how inspirational it is. And if you don't have it, but would like to check it out, I included a link for you to check it out at Amazon. But, you do NOT have to own this book to participate in my challenges. I'm just using it for my inspiration and will reference it for you. I will be using a different challenge from each section of the book each month.

Okay... onto the challenge!

The first set of challenges in the book are in a section titled "inspired by..." I chose the first challenge in this section to use as our first challenge. It can be found on page 11 of the book

"Get Inspired by An Outfit"

To participate in this challenge I want YOU to get inspired by an outfit. It can be something you own, the outfit pictured in the idea book, an outfit you've seen online, or even the outfit I chose for my inspirational layout.

If you can, link us to a picture of the outfit of your choosing on the MB forum and then show us your layout inspired by it! Please use a Paper Posies kit for your project. It doesn't have to be the current month's kit - any kit will do!

Post your creation on this thread by Sunday, January 24th to be entered into the monthly drawing for a fabulous Paper Posies prize!

Here's the inspirational outfit I'm using for my layout. I was shopping iwth my daughter last Spring at PacSun and saw this top and was intrigued by the colors (white, teal, dark blue with a tiny bit of green) and snapped a picture of it with my phone. I also liked the addition of a few little metal accents.



Here's my layout inspired by the top. I mainly focused on using the colors since that was what caught my eye in the first place! I pulled papers and embellies from different PP kits from the last year and added a few stash items to pull it all together. :)



I can't wait to see what you all create! Go! Get inspired by an outfit and share it with us on the Paper Posies Challenge forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment