Thursday, January 7, 2010

Meet January Guest Designer, Crystal Brothers

This month it was a pleasure to have Crystal Brothers share some of her beautiful layouts with us using January's kit. Check out the Design Team Gallery here: http://www.paperposies.com/ideas.htm

I asked Crystal to share some of her favorites with us:

Favorite trimmer: This is kind of a toss up and depends on my project. If I am working on something that needs to be scored, I use my Creative Memories 12" trimmer, since it has a groove that is perfect for scoring. Otherwise I use my EK Success Cutterpede.
 
Favorite Scrapbooking Tool:
 Hands down, my Creative Memories TitleTopia. I use the straight one on nearly every single layout. It is so handy to have and be able to place my title straight and exactly where I want it on the first try. To make your own, you can use the backing from a sheet of stickers or rub-ons, coupled with a clear transparency.

Favorite Ink:
I have recently fallen in love with Stewart Superior inks. They have great sprays, and I also love their hybrid ink pads.

Favorite Photo Developer:
 Winkflash. Great quality and price. I also love that they keep my photo titles which are stamped on the back of the prints. This is a great way for me to keep up with the date of the photos, because I tend to print many pics at a time.

Favorite Scrapbook Magazine:  Scrapbooks, Etc.
 
Favorite Patterned Paper:  Are you serious? I am a total Patterned Paper addict! My absolute can't live withouts would have to be Fancy Pants, Basic Grey, and Bo Bunny.

Favorite Cardstock: American Crafts
 
Favorite Thing I've Created:  The first thing that comes to mind is my honeymoon album. It's been long enough that already it's fun to look through and remember that time and the fun (and funny!) things that happened on the trip.

New scrapbooking goodie/trend:  We are an outdoorsy family, so I love the recent trend toward nature themed products--trees, owls, birds, etc.

Scrapbooking Style:  I have always struggled with how to answer this, but recently a friend called my style "clean and simple with a bit of sass" and I think that describes it pretty well :)
 
Why I Love Scrapbooking:  It's twofold, really. I love that I can preserve my family's memories--the blessings we've had and the hard times that God has carried us through. I think it's important to remember, and we benefit from it now as well as in the future looking back. I also really love the creative outlet that scrapbooking provides. It's such a stress-relief and I love that I can share so much of myself with others through my creative efforts as well.

Best Organizational Tip: I store my papers in page protectors from the Dollar General store. They come in a package of 10 for $4, and they are about 13x12, so they will easily hold an entire collection of patterned papers. Also, rather than storing scraps separately, I store them with the matching collection so that I can easily find what I am looking for, and am more likely to use up my scraps.




No comments:

Post a Comment