Tuesday, October 13, 2009

10/12/09 Challenge - all about me!

This weeks challenge is all about a few of MY favorite things! Here's what they are:

1. Journaling Strips. I use journaling strips on A LOT of my pages. It just seems to be a little more interesting than just a big block of paper with writing on it, yet it gives you ample amount of space to journal. AND it doesn't cover up page as much as a journaling block, letting the eye see the flow of the page design better. Also, it's a nice way to use up those small scraps!

2. Border Punches. I am totally in love with border punches right now. I just love the little extra something they give! There are lots of different one to choose from - zig zags, scallops, stamped edge, waves, etc. Fiskars, EK Success and Martha Stewart all make border punches, and I have collected a handful of my favorite ones!

3. Pop Dots. I love a little dimension in my pages, whether that be a few chunkier embellies or pop-dotting a picture or a few embellishments. I mostly use Glue Dot pop dots a lot or the white squares/circles by EK Success.



So, as you may have guessed, the challenge this week is to include my three favorite things on a layout. If you don't have a border punch, just get creative with a border. Do something to it to make it more interesting! Don't forget to use any Paper Posies kit and load your creation to the gallery (and link us here) by next Sunday, October 18th - midnight PST.

Here's a layout with all three of my favorite things to give you a little inspiration. I used the October '09 kit, but added a few items from the September kit. :)



















Good luck everyone - and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment