Saturday, September 12, 2009

September kit ideas

Hi everyone! It's MaryAnn again. Have you all received your September kit? I hope so! Do you love it?

I played with the September kit a little more this last week and have a couple more projects to share with you. I really liked the combination of papers this month and wanted to see if I could use most all of them on this layout. I found a sketch I liked from Ally Cope's So Sketchy blog and knew they'd be perfect for what I was hoping to do!

For this first layout, I used an old picture of my son - he was just barely 4 in this picture and is now 13! The picture had been sitting out since he used it for a school project last May and I kept looking at it, remembering how cute he was! Of course he's a teenager now and although he's still cute, it's just not the same. :) Here it is:


Everything on it is from the September 09 kit except the string, the button and the little heart embellie. I was thrilled I was able to use scraps of all the papers I had left from this kit!

When I made this layout I cut lots and lots of squares to have plenty of options. I hated to see them go to waste. . . I knew a card was in order! I found another sketch I liked from Ally, used my left over squares, added some ink and stitching and wa-laa! I came up with this fun little card!


Thanks for taking a peak at my projects. We'd love to see what you've been doing with this month's kit, so stop on by and share them with us in the gallery. Also, remember that there is ALWAYS a challenge going on, so come on over and play too!

1 comment:

  1. Lovin' all the squares in these projects, Mary Ann. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete