Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday challenge posted at Paper Posies

Hi friends! I'm stopping by to tell you about this week's challenge at Paper Posies! We know you've got some scraps left over from all your fabulous layouts so grab that scrap bin and create a card for this week's challenge and find a card making technique that you've never tried before and apply it to the challenge.
I thought it would be fun to try stamping on cork board and created this card with my image.



For my second card I chose a larger stamp from the new Cling line at Hero Arts and added scraps from the September kit I had left over.

I stamped the image on the cork board and sprinkled embossing powder over the image and then heat embossed it. I was also able to color in my image on the cork board easily with regular ink pens. Then I cut out the design. On the large flower I also used glossy accents to add texture. This card took me 20 minutes to create and then about 30 minutes for the glossy accents to dry.


We hope you'll join us for this week's challenge. You can use any Paper Posies kit for the challenges. Upload your cards to the Sept challenges gallery here. Every challenge you complete earns you a ticket that's entered in our monthly challenges drawing. You could win a fun prize from Paper Posies!

No comments:

Post a Comment